When World's Collide

8.19.2011

There was a time when 16 year old me lived in Buenos Aires and enjoyed all that the city had to offer - well, all that the city had to offer a sixteen year old.  You know, a non-enforced legal drinking age, taxis to drive you all over the city, and night clubs that didn't open until after 2 a.m.  Oh, and there was also the most delicious ice cream that you've ever eaten...and they even delivered it to your house.  Ahh, life was good back then.

There were also sweet little treats like alfajores to enjoy and so when I came across a couple of these little tasty treats a while ago I knew that I needed to scoop some up for the hubby and the kiddo.


It looks like it's delicious when world's collide.

8 comments:

  1. My husband lived in Buenos Aires for two years and loves alfajores. He traveled back there a couple years ago for an international class for his MBA and stocked up. He was really sad when we ate the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kid is the cutest! Or as my kids say, the "cutie-est". And what a rich life you are giving her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. clubs that didn't open til 2? Wow. Can you imagine doing that now? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yummy! I grew up in South America so I had my alfajores fix early in life. Luckily, Toronto (where I live now) has a pretty vibrant Latino community so I still get to have them from time to time. Your kid looks like she’s enjoying them too, but then again, it’s a delicious treat so what’s not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh! that is awesome! Buenos Aires? did you grow up there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh freddo. un kilo de limon y menta granizada por favorrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good! I'd love to hear more about your Buenos Aires experience - I want to go there really bad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were you an exchange student in Buenos Aires? I was an exchange student in Sao Paulo, Brazil at the age of 16, and your experience sounds much like mine.... non-enforced drinking age, going to clubs...etc. Wish I could go back! :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!