Aloha

3.21.2013


Well, we're back and we survived our trip to Hawaii!  I was a bit (okay, a lot) terrified about flying that far with an eleven month old, but I'm happy to report that for the most part C was an absolute champ on the flights.  And as I was hoping, O was ridiculously good as well (even after we figured out mid-air that all of the My Little Pony episodes that I thought that I had downloaded didn't go through.  Oops).


O also did a fantastic job carrying all of her own stuff through the airport and on to the plane.  That little wheeling suitcase was the best purchase ever.  And recognize that backpack?  Fist pump for homemade backpacks!


For the most part we kept the trip fairly mellow and filled it with lots of trips to the beach and hanging out around Kona.   There was one day though that I did load the family up for a very long drive to the volcano.  Unfortunately, it started raining as soon as we got there, C began fussing non-stop, and then I started feeling guilty about keeping the kids in the car for so long (and the volcano was emitting toxic gases so half of the park was shut down) so we spent far less time there than I was hoping, but it was still amazing to see.


Plus we got to stop at a black sand beach and hang out with a couple of sea turtles on the way over to the volcano so you won't find me complaining.


Other than that we played at a couple different beaches, got beat up by ton of waves, ate our weight in ice cream, avocados, and papaya, and overall just had a fantastic time.




When I booked this trip I figured that it was either the worst idea ever to bring two little kids to Hawaii or the best idea ever.  Fortunately it turned out to be the latter.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun! I'm totally living vicariously. Oh a beach where you can swim in the water ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool you guys actually went! Ahhhh paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I see is cute sandy baby thighs!! So cute! I am so glad you had such a great time - I dread travelling with both kids, but I realize I'd probably have fun if I just took the plunge! You give me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! And the Scirocco dress--perfect place to wear it. Glad the flight went well and I'm impressed with the brevity of your trip post. I should take some cues. :-)

    PS...the plane conversations, awesome.

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!