1) she didn't want to change her shirt
2) she didn't want me to brush her teeth
3) she didn't believe there was toothpaste on her toothbrush
4) she didn't want her blankie (even though she just picked up her blankie)
5) she didn't want to eat breakfast (even though she just asked for it)
6) she wanted to wear leather sandals at the beach
And the list could go on and on. At one point I decided to give myself a time out in an attempt to keep my cool and I went in my room and folded clothes. What eventually calmed her down? I have no idea but when we finally left for the beach, let's just say that I was not in the sunny mood that I was in before the one hour tantrum.
But all that changed when we finally got there. The weather was perfect.
The beach was empty.
We walked in the water, poked at objects, and I got my toes all wet.
We sat on a log and shared some cherries and apples.
|Photographic proof that moms don't travel light|
And the whole time we were there she was an absolute pleasure to be around.
It almost made me forget what a holy terror she was this morning...almost....