Dear Anna Maria Horner, I heart you.

9.02.2010

Like so many other people, I saw this post and fell in love.
Like so many other times, I lost all motivation to make it until I saw this tutorial.
And it just so happened that I had the perfect yardage of the material in my stash (how many times dose that actually happen?)
A couple nights of after-dinner sewing later and ta-da!


A dress...that didn't end up in the garbage can...and actually fits...and I actually get compliments on (I attribute this more to A.M.H.'s genius than my own sewing ability)

(That's supposed to be a sassy kick.  Note to self: I think I need to work on that)

5 comments:

  1. I heart you too. You look beautiful!
    xo, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'd love it if you put this in the Southern Insititute flickr pool... http://www.flickr.com/groups/thesoutherninstitute/
    So glad you were able to use the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic! I am, ummm...let's just say not particularly well-endowed on the topside, so was waffling about whether it would looks as nice on me as it did on Anna Maria, but now I am inspired. Too bad it is impossible to find the dusk Square Dance in dobby, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just found your blog, and love your taste in clothing. this dress looks awesome on you!!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!