Carolyn 1, Bleached Out Fabric Marker 0

12.07.2014


Remember my first version of the Carme blouse?  Well, this is where I tell you that the little bleached-out dots on the pleating drove me absolutely bonkers after a couple of wears.  I couldn't wear the shirt without feeling like everyone was staring at those dots (even though logically I know that they probably weren't).  I ended up over-dyeing the shirt in an attempt to get rid of the marks and while it mostly worked they are still very faintly visible.

Almost like they're mocking me.


But it looks like I'll have the last laugh, though, because look - I made another Carme blouse!  And you can bet that I was very careful in how I marked the pleats this time.   No little bleach spots here.  Hallelujah!


As for how version 2 compares to version 1, well, mostly it's just better sewn together.  I fumbled around with the bottom of the neck placket the first time around and while it came out okay, it didn't come out great.  This version's placket looks much better.  The collar looks better on this one too, but to be honest I'm still not happy 100% happy with it and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.  If we come across each other in real life just don't stare at my collar, okay?


Everything else is pretty much the same as last time.  Same size, same length, same super-awesome sleeve tabs, and same use of Jen's tutorial on how to make the sleeve placket.


As for the fabric, it's a cotton lawn from Drygood Design, but honestly it seems a little thicker than most lawns that I've seen.  Plus there's a little bit of a sheen to the right side.  It was absolutely lovely to work with, though, and if all goes well, O's holiday dress will be made out of leftover fabric from this project. Blue's totally appropriate for a Christmas dress, right?

Glad you agree.

5 comments:

  1. This shirt is the perfect fit and style for you! I think it may not be your last Carme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score! Well done, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fab! Can't see any issues with the collar either, so it must be fine ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute! Love that last shot! Rock star! This top is so pretty and flattering on you. I'm with Jane: You need more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That final pose is so awesome! I showed it to my girls and we all smiled! I have to agree with Jane and Inder - the shirt is perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!