Okay, I'll Admit It - I Was Wrong

5.11.2011

Allow me to be honest for a moment and say that I really just bought the Sunday Brunch Jacket and Skirt pattern for the jacket and I couldn't have cared less about the skirt pattern that accompanied it.  When I originally saw the skirt on the cover I thought "Ughh, a-line skirt...boring!"  


But I'm here today to publicly announce that I was wrong - very, very wrong - because I freaking love this skirt!  

That's O very kindly giving you an unobstructed
view of her new skirt.  How kind....

I love the pockets and the ability you have to make them "pop" by cutting them out in a contrasting fabric.


I love the little kick pleat at the back (which was so incredibly easy to make).  


I love how it has a nicer looking flat band in the front but some elastic in the back to allow for a great fit.  

I love how easily the pattern came together.

Oh, and I love that apparently it provides the perfect outfit in which to do yard work.




In fact, I would have to say that there is nothing that I don't love about this skirt.  It's just an overall love fest around here.  

KCWC Clothing Item #2

Size: 2T
Fabric: Gray cotton with a bit of stretch that I bought at Joanns and some left over Alexander Henry Blooming Bubble fabric

12 comments:

  1. I so wish I had a girl to ... oh hang on de ja vu ... does O suddenly look a whole lot more grownup now she's 2? She is too gorgeous. BTW beautiful topstitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i want one of those skirts for me! love skirts with pockets! the camo books simply make the whole outfit sing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Carolyn, you're on a roll! Love all the outfits and i agree with April, you can make a skirt like that for yourself! :-)
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn, she is just toooo precious! I especially love the pic of her bending down to smell or look at the the flowers. And the skirt is perfect, along with those boots! What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very chic gadrening outfit. I love that skirt and it looks so cute with the top! I also love how little kids will bend way down to smell flowers, she is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the fabric in the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11.5.11

    Sometimes the simples shapes just are the most beautiful - especially with funky pockets. Pockets in general. Does your daughter love pockets? Because if I make something with pockets for my 2-year-old, it's a winner! :) Your little one looks adorable.
    Have a lovely week and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too adorbs for words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I love the half-elastic waistband as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! (the outfit you made adn your little model)! Now I think I have to buy the Sunday Brunch pattern - I was on the fence! I love how the little details just take it up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh gosh, what a super cute outfit! I love it. and thanks for the report on that skirt, that's actually really good to know about those fun little details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything about this is spot.on. And those insanely cute little pig tails make my uterus ache. Curse you Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!