Necklace Inspiration Compliments of the Internet

5.22.2012

Yes, it's true that the internet is possibly the world's greatest time-suck.  I go on it to look at one thing and one hour later I gain consciousness, don't know what I've looked at for the past hour, and can't remember what I got on the computer to look at in the first place.  But fortunately, it has some redeeming qualities too - like on-line shopping, otherwise known as "a new mom's best friend."  And it provides endless sources of inspiration.  Sometimes in unlikely places.  Like when I was perusing Rae's blog, but instead of falling in love with one of her many sewn garments, I fell in love with her necklace and given that I have mastered the art of stringing seed beads with a sleeping infant on my chest, I figured that this was the perfect opportunity to try to make a similar one.


Of course, since I'm a necklace-making-newbie I used the beads left over from the one and only thing that I've ever made and I used all the same techniques as well (you know, since I don't actually know any other techniques). Fortunately, it all seemed to work out in the end and I am now in love with this necklace.  It's certainly not the most practical thing to wear when you have a baby strapped to your chest or a baby who is slowly learning to reach up and grab things, but practicality be damned!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, it's gorgeous! I know exactly what you mean about the internet-- I love how you described it as "gaining consciousness" because that's exactly what it feels like when you come up for air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you! i love this necklace and when you get complements on it you can say, i made it! awesome! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's is just beautifuL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're on fire! it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! You are one productive mama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that!!! Yes, just like mine, and just as beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!