Eleven Months

2.24.2013


It's been a rough month for this little one.

Four teeth have either made their appearance or are on their way in.

Three weeks of a diaper rash that went from bad, to a bit better, to "Oh My God, what's happened to my child's butt!?!"

And that resulted in a very grouchy 11 month old who has been fighting a fever for the last two days from this diaper rash turned skin infection.

And then on top of all of that she pulled one of O's toys down on top of her and cut her gum, resulting in a mouth full of blood.

Needless to say I almost had a heart attack when I saw that.

And amidst all of this we've learned that C abhors oral medication and throws up in protest when you attempt to make her take some (as we learned on two separate occasions when she threw up both the Tylenol and the oral antibiotic).  That led to Ben heading out at 1 in the morning to pick up an acetaminophen suppository and let me tell you, you've officially reached a new level of parenthood when you've stuck medication in your child's rear end.  And for the record, I'm a huge wimp and I made Ben do it.

But all the craziness that's been going on in the past month is forgotten when we see this little one do her first little baby sign and say "all done" as she does it.

You know what that is, right?  A victory!  (see said baby below making the victory sign - otherwise known as her best Richard Nixon impersonation).


8 comments:

  1. OMG, I totally howled with laughter at the suppository bit. Hope she's feeling much better and you never have to do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so surprised you haven't had to use those suppositories until now?! Those things are awesome. I even learned the German word for it: Zapfchen! (with an umlaut on the 'a') Haha, that was when we lived in Bayern...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, the not-so-fun parenting days. I had to give my kids suppositories for constipation when they were little. I hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Poor little gal! Never had to give a suppository, thank God, but Em is quite the puker too. Kid pukes all the time...not sure O ever has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. but seriously, she couldn't be any cuter! those photos are serious baby model material. also, ingrid has had terrible diaper rash the last few months that we just can't seem to fully get rid of, no matter what we try. it's so frustrating, isn't it? blergh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those photos! Yes we've done the suppositories too... Clem has always been a medicine-puker. I say don't knock 'em until you've needed them and used them on a sad, sick child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, that is the CUTEST Richard Nixon impression I have ever seen! (It is also uncannily spot-on.) Ugh, horrible diaper rashes, puking, and suppositories. That pretty much sums up what is least fun about parenting, right there. Luckily there are compensating benefits, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my god! i totally laughed out loud with the suppository story! you poor parents! that shouldn't be allowed to happen! she is beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!