A Riddle

12.05.2010

Question: What do control-top pantyhose and all over free-motion quilting have in common?

Answer: They both hide a multitude of sins.



(I was contemplating doing some straight line quilting on this blanket until I realized that my last row did not quite match up with the rest of them.  What's a girl to do?  Rip it out?  Nah.)



With a little time off over the last couple of days I was finally able to finish my pinwheel quilt which is ultimately going to be a Christmas present for my husband's grandparents (is it just me, or are grandparents impossible to shop for??).


His grandparents truely are amazing.

They are kind.

They are hilarious.

They are from one of the original DIY generations.

They catch their own salmon, dig their own geoducks, and chop the wood for their wood burning stove.

They are intelligent.

They are thoughtful.

And they are so full of love for their family and for each other. 




For all their love, we give all of ours.

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing. I'm sure they are just going to be so thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!