The Debut

11.23.2010

About four years ago I purchased a sewing machine and started a new tradition - the tradition of the Thanksgiving Debut - which is basically exactly what it sounds like.  Around the holidays I work on a new project and bring to it Thanksgiving dinner for its "debut."  The first two years I "debuted" dresses that I sewed for myself by wearing them to dinner.  Last year, still in a post-partum haze, I decided that bringing my six month old would count as a "debut" (after all, I did make her!).  This year, I've decided to debut a dress for Baby O (much more manageable nowadays than a dress for me).

Behold...this year's dress.

The Front... 

...And The Back
Made with the pattern for the Ice Cream Social Dress by Oliver and S.  (Any mistakes in this dress - and they are definitely there - are all of my own making, not caused by this amazing pattern company).

Want to see the dress on Baby O?

You'll have to wait for "The Debut!"

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric combo. Those Oliver and S patterns are so cute. Looking forward to the debut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. This is so freaking adorable. I have loved this pattern since I discovered it. Somehow I don't think my boy babe would like one of his very own.

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!